Terms and Conditions
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you may use this web site. Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here do not use this web site.
Ownership & Copyright
We own this Web Site and all the material contained in this web site remains the property of Shop At Home Services Ltd. You do not acquire any intellectual property rights in that material. All rights are reserved. You may download or print the material on this web site but only for your own individual use unless expressly stated in the web site. All trademarks and copyright notices as they appear on this web site must be included in any copy you make. Unless expressly stated in the web site, you must not adapt or amend any part of the material without the prior written consent of Shop At Home Services Ltd.
Change of Content
Shop At Home Services Ltd reserves the right to change any information published online at any time without notice.
Please independently check all information. We have made considerable effort to ensure that the web site is up to date and free from errors. However, the material on this web site from time to time is provided "as is". All warranties, representations or conditions whether implied by statute, law, trade or custom which would otherwise apply to this material are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Shop At Home Services Ltd is not responsible to you at law, by statute or in equity or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury incurred by you (whether direct or indirect) arising from this material or from an inability to use this website. If however the law limits Shop At Home Services Ltd 's ability to exclude this liability, or it is held liable to you, then (unless the law requires otherwise) its liability is limited to the cost you directly incurred to view this web site.
This website (and the goods and services described in it) are governed by, and are to be interpreted in accordance with, New Zealand law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Shop At Home Services Ltd accepts no responsibility for the compliance of the information in this website with the laws of any other country.
Terms and Conditions
SHOP AT HOME SERVICES Ltd TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract to Purchase
Shop At Home Services Ltd agrees to provide for the Customer the goods selected on a Revolving Credit basis. The Customer agrees to pay Shop At Home Services Ltd for the goods by Direct Debit according to the Invoice. If any payment by the Customer falls due on a day which is not a Banking Day (being a day on which registered banks are open for business in Auckland or other city or are in which the Customer resides) the payment must be made on such earlier date as may be reasonably requested by Shop At Home Services Ltd and the Direct Debit Authority form signed by the Customer shall provide accordingly. The Customer must pay all outstanding monies (being those referred to on the invoice, and the fees/expenses provided for in these terms and conditions together with any other monies owing to Shop At Home Services Ltd under any other purchase) on a date no later than agreed to with Shop At Home Services Ltd.
Shop At Home Services Ltd has a policy of not providing a credit account to anyone under the age of 18 years.
The goods remain the property of Shop At Home Services Ltd until they are paid for in full.
Direct Debit Authorities
The Customer is required to sign more than one direct debit authority. Each payment authority can be used by Shop At Home Services Ltd for the following purposes:
- To amend the payment date or amount over the telephone if agreed by both parties;
- To recover any amounts outstanding, where payments have been stopped and the Customer has not satisfactorily responded to Shop At Home Services Ltd by the time specified following notification by Shop At Home Services Ltd to the Customer at his or her last known address.
The discretion given to Shop At Home Services Ltd under clause 5.b includes amending the payment day or frequency. Shop At Home Services Ltd is not responsible for any bank fees incurred by the Customer as a result of any changes in payments.
Direct Debit Request on Public Holiday
If the normal direct debit request day falls on a public holiday, the Customer agrees to allow Shop At Home Services Ltd to debit their bank account the working day before the public holiday.
The Customer agrees to pay all costs of collection for non-payment. Accounts will be sent to Baycorp (NZ) Ltd at our discretion.
Refusal of Credit
Shop At Home Services Ltd may at its discretion refuse credit or otherwise discontinue its trading relationship with the Customer, but shall be authorised to continue to use any Direct Debit Authorities provided by the Customer to effect payment of outstanding monies owing by that Customer.
When an account balance is paid off we will stop this before it goes into credit. If it gets missed and does end up in credit, the value will come off the customers next purchase otherwise they the customer can phone and we will refund.
Shop At Home Services Ltd will repair any item that has been sold with a genuine manufacturing fault. If the item is not repairable it will be replaced or credited. The Company does not accept any responsibility for normal or excessive wear and tear. Repairs to mobile phones and electrical goods in the catalogue that's are not covered by manufacturers warranty will be charged
Loss or damage
Risk shall pass to the Customer on receipt / delivery of the goods and the Customer thereafter shall be responsible for all loss of, or damage to, the goods howsoever arising, and whether direct or consequential.
CONDITIONS OF SHOP AT HOME LTD AUTHORITY TO ACCEPT DIRECT DEBITS
The Initiator undertakes to give written notice to the acceptor of the commencement date, frequency and amount at least 10 calendar days before the first Direct Debit is drawn (but not more than 2 calendar months)
Where the Direct Debit System is used for the collection of payments which are regular as to frequency. But variable as to amounts, the Initiator undertakes to provide the Acceptor with a schedule detailing each payment amount and each payment date.
In the event of any subsequent change to the frequency or amount of the Direct Debits, the Initiator has agreed to give written advance notice at least 30 days before the change comes into effect.
- May, upon the relationship which gave rise to this Authority being terminated, give notice to the Bank that no further Direct Debits are to be initiated under the Authority. Upon receipt of such notice the Bank may terminate this Authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
The Customer may:
- At any time, terminate this Authority as to future payments by giving written notice of termination to the Bank and to the Initiator.
- Stop payment of any Direct Debit to be initiated under this Authority by the Initiator by giving written notice to the Bank prior to the Direct Debit being paid by the Bank.
The Customer acknowledges that:
- This Authority will remain in full force and effect in respect of all Direct Debits passed to my/our account in good faith notwithstanding my/our death, bankruptcy or other revocation of this Authority until actual notice of such event is received by the Bank.
- In any event this Authority is subject to any arrangement now or hereafter existing between me/us and the Bank in relation to my/our account.
- Any dispute as to the correctness or validity of an amount debited to my/our account shall not be the concern of the Bank except in so far as the Direct Debit has not been paid in accordance with this Authority. Any other disputes lie between me/us and the Initiator.
- Where the Bank has used reasonable care and skill in acting in accordance with this authority, the Bank accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of:
- The accuracy of information about Direct Debits on Bank statements.
- Any variations between notices given by the Initiator and the amounts of Direct Debits.
- The Bank is not responsible for, or under any liability in respect of the Initiators failure to give written advance notice correctly nor for the non-receipt of late receipt of notice by me/us for any reason whatsoever. In any such situation the dispute lies between me/us and the Initiator.
The Bank may
- In its absolute discretion conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other Authority, cheque or draft properly executed by me/us and given to or drawn on the Bank.
- At any time terminate this Authority as to future payments by notice in writing to me/us.
- Charge its current fees for this service on force from time-to-time.
NOTE: Initiators have the choice of including their name in brackets after the term 'The Initiator'
Legal Agreements and Fees
Revolving Credit Account 1
Once you’re accepted as a customer with Shop At Home Services Ltd that can purchase items on a revolving credit account from one of our trucks.You can shop to the limit of your credit and make regular weekly or fortnightly payments, with the ability to pay off your account as often as you like. This arrangement is called a revolving line of credit.
The amount you pay and the length of time you have been keeping up payments determine how much you can purchase each time you shop. For example, when you open a Revolving Credit Account as a new customer you can spend up to $120 and pay as little as $10 a week in repayments. In addition to the purchase price you are required to pay interest on the total outstanding on your account at the rate of 19.5% per annum and a monthly account fee of $6.
$10 Per Week(Limit $120)
$20 Per Week (Limit $200)
$30 Per Week(Limit $300)
You may cancel the sale within 5 working days of signing this form. If you wish to cancel you must notify us and return the goods. If you cancel all moneys you have paid under this contract will be refunded. But if the goods are damaged you will be liable for the repair costs.
|(a)||Monthly Account Fee||6.00|
|(b)||Missed Payment Fee||15.00|
|(c)||Fee where a direct debit form is terminated||40.00|
|(d)||Field trip fee where a visit is necessitated by default||40.00|
Revolving Credit Account 2
Any of the products in our catalogue or website are available for purchase by Revolving Credit. If you choose to purchase products by Revolving Credit we will hold the goods until you have paid your deposit of 30%. When the deposit has been paid the good will be delivered. In addition to the purchase price you are required to pay interest on the total outstanding on your account at the rate of 19.5% per annum and a monthly account fee of $6.
$10 PER WEEK(LIMIT $600)
$20 PER WEEK (LIMIT $1,200)
$30 PER WEEK(LIMIT $1,800)
$40 PER WEEK(LIMIT $2,400)
$50 PER WEEK (LIMIT $3,000)
Maximum Limit $3,000
After you have paid your deposit the goods will be delivered to you. Have Your Photo I.D with D.O.B and Bank Statement Ready.
If you wish to pay the deposit amount straight away you will receive the goods once your second payment has cleared.
- You may cancel the sale at any time within 5 working days of signing this form. If you wish to cancel you must notify us and return the goods. If you cancel all moneys you have paid under this contract will be refunded. But if the goods are damaged you will be liable for the repair costs.
- You may also cancel the sale at any time before you take delivery of the goods. But unless you cancel within five working days from the date of this agreement as stipulated in clause 1 you will be liable for a cancellation fee of $60.00 and the booking fee and any other fees charged will not be refunded. Any balance will be refunded to you.
You may also be required to pay the following fees
|(b)||Monthly Account Fee||6.00|
|(c)||Missed Payment Fee||15.00|
|(d)||Fee where a direct debit form is terminated||40.00|
|(e)||Field trip fee where a visit is necessitated by default||40.00|